How You Can Help
There are a number of ways you can help us honor these courageous young leaders for their service to the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender community:
"This scholarship has shown me that people care about the work we're doing as young people, that our work has value.That's what motivates me to keep going."
Why should my employee resource group or company participate?
Here are just a few good reasons:
- Employee Engagement. eQuality offers a meaningful way for your ERG members to be involved in your ERG through community activity. The sense of satisfaction in helping to recognize eQuality scholars has kept members engaged for over 20 years.
- Community Service. eQuality offers your ERG or company an opportunity to participate in a project that directly benefits the community, supporting students who will be future leaders in both the LGBTQ and community at large.
- Corporate Identity. Even in challenging economic times, employees continue to emphasize the importance they place on the social image of the companies they work for. eQuality offers your ERG or company an opportunity to participate in a meaningful community activity in a noncontroversial yet high-profile manner. Education is an excellent vehicle to elevate the image of companies within the LGBTQ and local community that can be broadly supported. eQuality extends participating companies' brands to younger individuals and their communities, which benefits both marketing and recruiting.
- Networking. Membership in eQuality provides an excellent opportunity for your ERG members to interact with employees of the other eQuality members, both corporate and nonprofit.
- Flexibility. eQuality offers your ERG or company many different ways to participate. If you have interested ERG members but not a lot of funding, eQuality membership is a very affordable $250/year. If your organization would like to sponsor a scholarship but can't provide volunteers, you can sponsor and name a scholarship for each $6,700 contribution. If your organization can't sponsor a scholarship but can purchase tickets to a fundraising event, there are multiple levels of Star Supporters for our awards dinner.
- Lasting Relationships. eQuality is focused on fostering ongoing relationships with member companies, with an interest in aligning our activities with organizational goals. This focus has kept member companies part of eQuality for decades.
Why is eQuality so efficient?
As a volunteer-led organization, eQuality's administrative costs are low, as shown in the pie charts below. By bringing together multiple organizations, eQuality is able to provide more scholarships than the individual organizations could while requiring less effort from any one organization.